Thursday, January 26, 2012

Senior's Reflection-Hannah Halstrom

Hannah Halstrom swims the middle-distance fly and free events for the Aquabears.

                I have had the time of my life over the past four years here at UNC. I could not have asked for a better experience. My teammates and coaches have been there for me every step of the way and I would not have been able to accomplish what I have without them!
                As a freshman I was terrified to come to college but something about being on a team makes the process so much easier. You always have someone to eat dinner with or hang out with on any night of the week, even if it means baking a cake and watching Friends.
                My sophomore year was even better because we all had the chance to start fresh again. We had a new coach and a new freshman class. At first I was skeptical about the incoming freshman because there were so many but as it turns out they have now become my best friends and I am with them 24-7! Again, baking cakes and watching Friends.     
                Junior year was one of those years with a lot of ups and downs but my team was there right with me so it was easy to get through it. We became a lot closer and continued to bake and watch Friends.
                I have finally made it to my senior year of college and I still feel as though I am eighteen. I’m nervous to enter reality where there are no set practice times or a team to back you up but I know that I will be successful because this team has taught me to be strong and confident.  We have so much fun together and at the same time we push each other to reach our goals. It has been four year and we still are baking cakes and watching Friends but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
                I will never forget my experience here at UNC or the friends I have made. This team is my family and I love them all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment