Friday, October 21, 2011

A Day in the Life.....

This week's A Day in the Life comes from freshman Jessica Reed-Baum.  Coming from just down the road in Loveland, CO, Jessica swims the Sprint Freestyle events for the Bears and has already been a scoring contributor in both individual and relay events.

Freshman Jessica Reed-Baum
Music? Hannah? Oh no… Alarm- it’s that time again, time to wake up for weight lifting. I spring myself out of my glorious bed and ponder what I am going to rock at weights that morning. Oh of course! The same outfit everyone wears! The fabulous gray UNC Swimming and Diving shirt perfectly paired with the show stopping navy blue Under Armor shorts. I meet up with my astounding roommates-Hannah, Casey, and Melissa-in the living room where I complement them all on their breathtaking stylish outfits and bounce out the door to Butler-Hancock. Once at weight lifting, I joyously greet our strength coach Emily and all my teammates. Seeing all their bright shining faces tickles my heart. Now it’s business time. Pick up weights, put them down, pick them back up again. After a brilliant hour of such activities, it is time for breakfast. Omelet or waffle or bacon? OR how about an omelet inside a waffle all wrapped in bacon?? I couldn’t be more proud of my decision at this point. Omelet-waffle-bacon it is, now time for classes. I meander my way to History where I learn there was a time period without cell phones and Facebook? Get out.  I then gallivant to my favorite class, Psychology. It is here that I learn about my brain and why it isn’t as efficient as Albert Einstein’s. I promise myself that it will be one day. You just wait Mr. Einstein.  After Psychology, I mosey my way to the University Center where I pick up a bagel from Einstein’s Bagels, ironic isn’t it? Once my delicious asiago bagel vanishes below my nose I make my way over to the pool. The anticipation is abundant during this trek-full of excitement and adventure. Walking through the pool doors and seeing everyone’s bright eyed, bushy tails soothes my soul. I can’t wait for tonight’s activities. We all “suit” up and once again-it’s business time. Back and forth, up and down. We get stuff done.  Following business time, is dinner, hamburger, chicken, and pasta? I think yes. Now my favorite part of the day-roommate time. I change into my favorite blue sweater and wind down with no other than KE$HA. If I’m feeling spunky, I strut it up with my bear hat. After all, we are the Bears. This all makes for one stupendous day as a UNC Swimmer. I would never trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment