Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Day in the Life.....

This week's A Day in the Life of an AquaBear comes from Sophomore Sara Moldenhauer. Sara is a diver from Colorado Springs, CO who has qualified for the Zone meet in Minneapolis, MN in March.

Here is a day in the life of Sara............

Zone Qualifier Sara Moldenhauer
“If I could fly away, ooh and I wouldn’t come back no more, just to see you for the last time. See now I know, hey, that it wont be easy. I done fought in a battle and I done made it this far. I gotta few more feet but its still the longest yard.”  I take a deep breath and stretch before I turn off my alarm that happens to be Nelly’s “Fly Away”.  Its 5:30 and time to pump some iron! Today we focused on arms and ended with abdominals. Then I went to go eat a good hearty breakfast at the dining hall before class.  A Belgium waffle was my choice, the breakfast of champions. 
After the nice sit-down meal with the team, it was time to put on my thinking cap and head to class.  Classes are challenging and the two years that I have had college classes, I realized there isn’t one class that you slack off in. You have to pay attention and keep up with the homework then the rest falls into place. 
After a day of classes, and maybe a nap in between, it’s time to dive in the pool.  You have to work hard at practice. We practice to prefect our dives and perfection isn’t easy to chase after. Some days can be frustrating and hard to get through, but you have to push yourself and in the long run that is what makes you stronger.  At the end of the day, whether we share tears or laughs it’s the team that is always there for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment